Module VR19 instructs recovery operators to properly handle, safely recover, transport and store the casualty vehicle. Preserving all evidence and avoiding cross contamination.
VR19 PRESERVATION OF EVIDENCE
TRAINING MODULE THEORY
- Health and Safety as it applies to the recovery of a casualty vehicle
- Identification of potential sources of evidence
- Recognition and avoidance of possible biological hazards whilst preserving them as evidence
- Identification and handling of forensic evidence
- Understanding how to avoid cross contamination
- British law and the criminal system
- Understanding of the laws governing the handling of evidence
- The importance of good communication skills and understanding of the terminology employed – “Mechanical Preservation”, “CSI”,”Continuity of Evidence”, Etc.
- Care and preparation prior to recover the casualty vehicle
PRACTICAL SKILL INSTRUCTION
- Demonstrate proper understanding of what is required from the recovery operator by the police and all other organizations at the scene and when recovering and storing the casualty vehicle.