The VR5 Module deals with the use of Underlift Units as part of a routine recovery procedure. The Underlift Unit variations and the Health and Safety requirements for their use is also covered in this module. Operators will gain the necessary skills and become familiar with the component parts of underlift unit to effectively describe and deploy them professionally and in Safety.
VR5 Underlift Units - Light Vehicle Recovery
Training Module Theory
- Health and Safety as it applies to Underlift Units
- Variations in Underlift Units and their performance
- Loading procedures and checks when using Underlift Units
- Towing procedures and release of casualty vehicle
- Equipment checks and hazards associated with Underlift Units
Demonstrate successfully the deployment and use of the equipment, loading, transporting and unloading of the casualty vehicle.